FINRA Manual: Contents
FINRA ManualConnected by Complinet
6000. QUOTATION AND TRANSACTION REPORTING FACILITIES
6400. QUOTING AND TRADING IN OTC EQUITY SECURITIES
|View Whole Section||Text only||Print Manager||Link|
6460. Display of Customer Limit Orders
(a) Each OTC Market Maker displaying a priced quotation in any OTC Equity Security in an inter-dealer quotation system shall publish immediately a bid or offer that reflects:
(1) The price and the full size of each customer limit order held by the OTC Market Maker that is at a price that would improve the bid or offer of such OTC Market Maker in such security; and
(2) The full size of each customer limit order held by the OTC Market Maker that:
(A) Is priced equal to the bid or offer of such OTC Market Maker for such security;
(B) Is priced equal to the best bid or best offer of the inter-dealer quotation system in which the OTC Market Maker is quoting; and
(C) Represents more than a de minimis change in relation to the size associated with the OTC Market Maker's bid or offer.
(b) The requirements in paragraph (a) of this Rule shall not apply to any customer limit order:
(1) That is executed upon receipt of the order.
(2) That is placed by a customer who expressly requests, either at the time that the order is placed or prior thereto pursuant to an individually negotiated agreement with respect to such customer's orders, that the order not be displayed.
(3) That is an odd-lot order.
(4) That is a block size order, unless a customer placing such order requests that the order be displayed.
(5) That is delivered immediately upon receipt to a national securities exchange or an electronic communications network that widely disseminates such order and that complies with paragraph (c) below with respect to that order.
(6) That is delivered immediately upon receipt to another OTC Market Maker that complies with the requirements of this Rule with respect to that order.
(7) That is an all-or-none order.
(8) That is priced less than $0.0001 per share.
(c) The electronic communications network:
(1) Provides to a national securities exchange, national securities association or inter-dealer quotation system the prices and sizes of the orders at the highest buy price and the lowest sell price for such security entered in, and widely disseminated by, the electronic communications network; and
(2) Provides, to any broker or dealer, the ability to effect a transaction with a priced order widely disseminated by the electronic communications network entered therein by an OTC market maker that is:
(A) Equivalent to the ability of any broker or dealer to effect a transaction with an OTC market maker pursuant to the rules of the applicable national securities exchange, national securities association or inter-dealer quotation system to which the electronic communications network supplies such bids and offers; and
(B) At the price of the highest priced buy order or lowest priced sell order, or better, for the lesser of the cumulative size of such priced orders entered therein by OTC market makers at such price, or the size of the execution sought by the broker or dealer, for such security.
For purposes of this Rule, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) Best bid and best offer mean the highest priced bid and the lowest priced offer.
(2) Block size with respect to an order means it is of at least 10,000 shares and has a market value of at least $100,000.
(3) Customer limit order means an order to buy or sell an OTC Equity Security at a specified price that is not for the account of either a broker or dealer; provided, however, that the term customer limit order shall include an order transmitted by a broker or dealer on behalf of a customer.
Adopted by SR-FINRA-2009-054 eff. May 9, 2011.
Selected Notice: 10-42.