FINRA Manual: Contents
FINRA ManualConnected by Complinet
2000. DUTIES AND CONFLICTS
2080. Obtaining an Order of Expungement of Customer Dispute Information from the Central Registration Depository (CRD) System
2200. COMMUNICATIONS AND DISCLOSURES
|View Whole Section||Text only||Print Manager||Link|
2267. Investor Education and Protection
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this Rule, each member shall once every calendar year provide in writing (which may be electronic) to each customer the following items of information:
(1) FINRA BrokerCheck Hotline Number;
(2) FINRA Web site address; and
(3) A statement as to the availability to the customer of an investor brochure that includes information describing FINRA BrokerCheck.
(b) Notwithstanding the requirement in paragraph (a) of this Rule,
(1) any member whose contact with customers is limited to introducing customer accounts to be held directly at an entity other than a FINRA member and thereafter does not carry customer accounts or hold customer funds and securities may furnish a customer with the information required by paragraph (a) of this Rule at or prior to the time of the customer's initial purchase, in lieu of once every calendar year; and
(2) any member that does not have customers or is a party to a carrying agreement where the carrying firm member complies with paragraph (a) of this Rule is exempt from the requirements of this Rule.
Amended by SR-FINRA-2008-062 eff. Aug. 17, 2009.
Amended by SR-NASD-97-75 eff. Oct. 14, 1997.
Adopted by SR-NASD-97-10 eff. Sept. 10, 1997.
Selected Notice: 09-33.