(a) Except as provided in SEA Rules 15c2-11(f)(1), (2), (3) and (5) and 15c2-11(h), no member shall initiate or resume the quotation of a non-exchange-listed security in any quotation medium unless the member has demonstrated compliance with this Rule and the applicable requirements for information maintenance under SEA Rule 15c2-11. A member shall demonstrate compliance by making a filing with, and in the form required by, FINRA, which filing must be received at least three business days before the member's quotation is published or displayed in the quotation medium.
(b) The information to be filed shall contain:
(1) One copy of all information required to be maintained under SEA Rule 15c2-11(a)(1), (2), (3), (4), or (5), including any information that may be required by future amendments thereto. Members are not required to file with FINRA copies of any information that is available through the SEC's Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval ("EDGAR") system; provided, however, that the filing with FINRA shall contain identifying information for each issuer report or statement available through EDGAR that was relied upon in satisfying the member's obligations under this Rule and SEA Rule 15c2-11(a), including the type of report, report date and any other information as may be requested by FINRA.
(2) Identification of the issuer, the issuer's predecessor in the event of a merger or reorganization within the previous 12 months, the type of non-exchange-listed security to be quoted (e.g., ADR, warrant, unit, or common stock), the quotation medium to be used, the member's initial or resumed quotation, and the particular subsection of SEA Rule 15c2-11 with which the member is demonstrating compliance.
(3) If a member is initiating or resuming quotation of a non-exchange-listed security with a priced entry, the basis upon which that priced entry was determined and the factors considered in making that determination.
(4) A certification that neither the member nor persons associated with the member have accepted or will accept any payment or other consideration prohibited by FINRA Rule 5250.
(c) If a member's initial or resumed quotation does not include a priced entry, a member shall supplement its prior filing under this Rule, in the form required by FINRA, before inserting a priced entry for the affected non-exchange-listed security in a quotation medium. The supplemental filing shall specify the basis upon which the proposed priced entry was determined and the factors considered in making that determination. The supplemental filing must be received by FINRA at least three business days before the member's priced entry first appears in a quotation medium.
(d) All filings made with FINRA under this Rule must be reviewed and signed by a principal of the member firm.
(e) For purposes of this Rule, the term "non-exchange-listed security" means any equity security, other than a Restricted Equity Security, that is not traded on any national securities exchange.
• • • Supplementary Material: --------------
01. Any member initiating or resuming quotations in reliance on the exception provided by SEA Rule 15c2-11(f)(2) must be able to demonstrate eligibility for the exception by making a contemporaneous record of:
(a) the identification of each associated person who receives the unsolicited customer order or indication of interest directly from the customer, if applicable;
(b) the identity of the customer;
(c) the date and time the unsolicited customer order or indication of interest was received; and
(d) the terms of the unsolicited customer order or indication of interest that is the subject of the quotation (e.g., security name and symbol, size, side of the market, duration (if specified) and, if priced, the price).
Any member displaying a quote representing an unsolicited customer order or indication of interest that was received from another broker-dealer must contemporaneously record the identity of the person from whom information regarding the unsolicited customer order or indication of interest was received, if applicable; the date and time the unsolicited customer order or indication of interest was received by the member displaying the quotation; and the terms of the order that is the subject of the quotation.