FINRA Manual: Contents
FINRA ManualConnected by Complinet
13000. CODE OF ARBITRATION PROCEDURE FOR INDUSTRY DISPUTES
PART V PREHEARING PROCEDURES AND DISCOVERY
13513. Authority of Panel to Direct Appearances of Associated Person Witnesses and Production of Documents Without Subpoenas
PART VIII SIMPLIFIED ARBITRATION; DEFAULT PROCEEDINGS; STATUTORY EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION CLAIMS; AND INJUNCTIVE RELIEF
|View Whole Section||Text only||Print Manager||Link|
Depositions are strongly discouraged in arbitration. Upon motion of a party, the panel may permit depositions, but only under very limited circumstances, including:
• To preserve the testimony of ill or dying witnesses;
• To accommodate essential witnesses who are unable or unwilling to travel long distances for a hearing and may not otherwise be required to participate in the hearing;
• To expedite large or complex cases;
• In cases involving claims of statutory employment discrimination, if necessary and consistent with the expedited nature of arbitration; and
• If the panel determines that extraordinary circumstances exist.
Amended by SR-FINRA-2008-021 eff. Dec. 15, 2008.
Adopted by SR-NASD-2004-011 eff. April 16, 2007.
Selected Notice: 07-07, 08-57.