FINRA Manual: Contents
FINRA ManualConnected by Complinet
13000. CODE OF ARBITRATION PROCEDURE FOR INDUSTRY DISPUTES
PART IV APPOINTMENT, DISQUALIFICATION, AND AUTHORITY OF ARBITRATORS
PART VIII SIMPLIFIED ARBITRATION; DEFAULT PROCEEDINGS; STATUTORY EMPLOYMENT DISCRIMINATION CLAIMS; AND INJUNCTIVE RELIEF
|View Whole Section||Text only||Print Manager||Link|
13400. Neutral List Selection System and Arbitrator Rosters
(a) Neutral List Selection System
The Neutral List Selection System is a computer system that generates, on a random basis, lists of arbitrators from FINRA's rosters of arbitrators for the selected hearing location for each proceeding. The parties will select their panel through a process of striking and ranking the arbitrators on lists generated by the Neutral List Selection System.
(b) Arbitrator Rosters
FINRA maintains the following roster of arbitrators:
• A roster of non-public arbitrators as defined in Rule 13100(p);
• A roster of public arbitrators as defined in Rule 13100(u); and
• A roster of arbitrators who are eligible to serve as chairperson of a panel as described in paragraph (c). Arbitrators who are eligible to serve as chairperson will also be included in the roster of non-public or public arbitrators, depending on composition of the panel under Rule 13402, but will only appear on one list in a case.
(c) Eligibility for Chairperson Roster
Arbitrators are eligible to serve as chairperson of panels submitted for arbitration under the Code if they have completed chairperson training provided by FINRA and:
• Have a law degree and are a member of a bar of at least one jurisdiction and have served as an arbitrator through award on at least two arbitrations administered by a self-regulatory organization in which hearings were held; or
• Have served as an arbitrator through award on at least three arbitrations administered by a self-regulatory organization in which hearings were held.
Amended by SR-FINRA-2008-021 eff. Dec. 15, 2008.
Adopted by SR-NASD-2004-011 eff. April 16, 2007.
Selected Notice: 07-07, 08-57.