FINRA Manual: Contents
FINRA ManualConnected by Complinet
Capital Acquisition Broker Rules
200. DUTIES AND CONFLICTS
208. Expungement of Customer Dispute Information from the Central Registration Depository (CRD) System
|View Whole Section||Text only||Print Manager||Link|
221. Communications with the Public
This version of the rule (or interpretive material) does not become effective until Apr 14 2017.
(a) No communication with the public by a capital acquisition broker may:
(1) include any false, exaggerated, unwarranted, promissory or misleading statement or claim;
(2) omit any material fact or qualification if the omission, in light of the context of the material presented, would cause the communication to be misleading;
(3) state or imply that FINRA, or any other corporate name or facility owned by FINRA, or any other regulatory organization endorses, indemnifies, or guarantees the capital acquisition broker-dealer's business practices; or
(4) imply that past performance will recur or make any exaggerated or unwarranted claim, opinion or forecast.
(b) All communications by a capital acquisition broker must be based on principles of fair dealing and good faith, must be fair and balanced, and must provide a sound basis for evaluating the facts in regard to any particular security or type of security, industry, or service.
Adopted by SR-FINRA-2015-054.
Selected Notice: 16-37.